WHAT TO DO IF YOU’RE INVOLVED IN A BICYCLE ACCIDENT
Accidents happen and are sometimes unavoidable, despite the precautions that you take. It’s a stressful time when you are the victim of a bike accident, but here are some ways you can help the situation and yourself:
- Seek Medical Attention Immediately: Delaying this may not just jeopardize your physical well-being, but will also hurt you case’s legal chances.
- Take Note: Record the driver’s name, address, phone number, insurance agency and the make, model and license plate number of their vehicle.
- Any Witnesses? Record their information too.
- Examine the Scene: Take photos of the damage, especially if accident occurs on private property.
- Don’t Sign Anything! No statements until you have spoken to a lawyer.
Can you trust your insurance company when you have an accident?